Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi
Adventure Beyond the Border

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Journey

So I am in Abu Dhabi now. The trip here was 14 hours from Chi-town to Abu Dhabi. Very adventurous to say the least. Ok so my flight from ATL to Chicago went ff without a hitch. Meet a few EMT's that were headed over as well and it was great. Now in Chicago I faced a couple of hiccups.

First, I was unable to take my rolling computer bag on as a carry-on. They said it was too wide. So of course I had to check it. I took out my computer and notebook and checked the bag at the low-low price of $175.00 (ouch!!!). This was an unexpected expense however I knew it was probable. In my haste to get it down though I left all my documents in my "now" checked bag. So when I arrived in Abu Dhabi I did not have all my documents in hand to go through security. The good part about it God handles ALL things. It took no time for the rep to print it out and get me through customs.

Second, my cycled started. So the whole trip from Chi-town to Abu Dhabi was spent worried about my clothing and cramping. Not good. Again God is good because one of the new EMT's with me (Brandy) had the necessary items to give me to ease my mind. So thankful to her.

Lastly, I had no communication to anyone back home. My magic jack phone wasn't working and the internet either. Do I have to say it again...ok, I will...God is Good! I went downstairs and they connected me to the internet with no problem and I figured things out with my phone. I do not have mobile phone yet but at least when I am in my room I can talk.

So that has been my adventure so far. I will be writing more later because I have so much running through my mind to share that I'm going into overload.

Til later

No comments:

Post a Comment