Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi
Adventure Beyond the Border

Monday, August 26, 2013

So My Adventure Begins

I am so HAPPY and EXCITED about upcoming adventure. It was a semi-long wait for my departure information however the TIME is here now. I will be leaving the country on Tuesday, August 27th on a 1:50 pm flight out of Atlanta with a layover in Chicago. Yes! I am ready to go! My flight to Abu Dhabi will be 14 hrs. WOW!!! I can do this! I just need to be feed!

I have said my goodbyes, my so longs, and my see you later's....and yes my "I will miss you's". There are a few people I will miss more than others but nonetheless I will be missing folks. This adventure will take me to another country. An unfamiliar place whose culture, values and people are different then what I am accustom to however I am ready for the challenge. I know I will grow tremendously from this experience from all that I will learn.

I give all praises to Him and I know things happen in His time and not mine. As things move forward, my patience and my ability to be flexible will be tested. In the in-person interview we were told that our placements will be based on need and that we have know say in where we will live or teach. There are three specific areas in the UAE that we can be place...ok, better, best! The stories we have heard about each area left me wanting better or best but I will go where He sends me. I believe that where ever I am placed will be the best placement for me...I may not see it at first but I will embrace whatever area I am in. Remembering my purpose for going and the goals I want to achieve while being there. I am sooooo THANKFUL for this opportunity.

Til next post

3 comments:

  1. Have a great flight! Hold down the fort for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy this experience to the fullest. Hold on to the past memories-make new ones in the future. Heck...live your life everyday!!! Love you girl

    ReplyDelete