Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi
Adventure Beyond the Border

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Beginning...

So this journey began for me back in October 2012. A friend of mine told me about teaching abroad. Never thought it was something I really wanted to do but with the public educational system being the way it is in the US it became an option for me. I told myself that if it was meant to be, God's will, then things would flow smoothly for me from beginning to end. So far it has.

I received an offer letter and decided to accept it after my Dad passed away and I had a conversation with a very dear friend. I was able to tell my dad about the offer before he passed so that made me happy. I am looking forward to this adventure however I will missed a lot of "special" people in my life. The good part is that I can visit home during vacations and still have open lines of communication while I'm there. This will make the transition a little easier.

This will be only my 2nd time leaving the country. Heck! I just got my passport last summer to attend a wedding in Curacao. I enjoyed it so much that the travel bug was extended to include out of the country travels. I plan to visit other countries while I'm enjoying this new adventure and learn a lot about other cultures including the Islamic culture where I will be working.

I know there will be challenges and concerns however I love an adventure. I am not the one to sit around with a lot of shoulda-woulda-coulda's missing out on life and all it has to offer. I plan to stay current with my post and hope that anyone that chooses to read about my journey will enjoy it and maybe get bit by the travel/adventure bug too.

Til next time

1 comment:

  1. You are making a good decision, you are living the life many can only imagine!

    ReplyDelete