Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi
Adventure Beyond the Border

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It's amazing how God works!

YES! It's amazing how God works!

I have been contemplating whether or not I would continue forward with this new adventure. The reason behind my uncertainty stemmed from the diminishing health of my parents. They both have been battling cancer for several years now. They have had good day and some bad ones. This summer their health began to get progressively worst. First it was my dad then my mom. Because of this, I was not comfortable going so far away from home. I worried a lot about where I would be when God called them home. 

Well, like I said above "It's amazing how God works". On June 3, 2013, my dad was called home to be with the Lord. Then on July 10, 2013 my mom was called home as well. Be situations that left me wavering my decision to go have been solved. God worked it all out in His infinite wisdom. Prayer works and being faithful, leaning not on my own understanding and believing in His infinite power I am able to be relieved of the stress of leaving my ill parents behind. Now I can begin this journey with a clear mind and conscious. All Glory given to God!

So if I made the first "travel" cut, I have approximately 21 days before my departure. God knows I haven't packed a thing. I have so much to do in the next few days.

My 21-day count down "to do list":

1. Put a Power of Attorney in place
2. Review and check that I have all my documents
3. Get my 10 passport pictures
4. Make 20 colored copies of my passport
5. Prepare my house
6. Find a home for my plants
7. Pack
8. Make sure car is in order for son
9. Check departure information to make sure I have everything completed
10. Get son squared away at college
11. Get a backpack
12. Check all technology equipment...making sure it works
13. Download cell phones and get son set up on T-mobile
14. Do subscriptions for VPN, Netflix, Hulu+ and USTVNOW.com
15. Provide Majic Phone number to family and friends
16. Update email list with friends
17. Pack
18. Clean house & clean out refrigerator & cabinets of perishable items
19. Make sure all mommies business is in order
20. Review everything to make sure I've left nothing behind

So as you can see, I have a lot to do. I am going to work to maintain my blog so you can take this journey with me.

Til next time

1 comment:

  1. I am very sorry to hear about your parents, but it seems like God worked everything out for you. All the best in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete