Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi
Adventure Beyond the Border

Monday, September 2, 2013

Patience

Patience seems to be a word that is WIDELY used in Abu Dhabi. They do things here at a snails pace and without stress. On one hand I absolutely love it but on the other hand I have had my moments where it has driven me crazy. In the US everything is rush, rush, rush and the level of stress is outrageous. If you cannot control your stress level you may end up with high blood pressure, hypertension, headaches, heart issues and so many other ailments. Over here the relaxed atmosphere will happen...in the words of Allah "Inshallah" which means "if Allah wills it". No one seems to be in any hurry.

I did my medical check up today and on Wednesday (09-04-2013) I have my School Operation Orientation. It's funny because back in the states they try to cram everything into a two workshop leaving you more confused and stressed then you were before it started. I like the fact that they take as many days they deem necessary to get the job done. Not sure when I will learn about my school placement and my housing but until then I will simply enjoy the luxuries of the Aloft Hotel and all its amenities.

This process takes time to develop so if you are thinking about taking this journey one day remember your patience will be tried and tested...but know in the end all will be accomplished "stress-free".

Til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment